Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thoughts

I'm thankful for:

1 - marrying well - he is amazing...
2 - the privilege of two healthy pregnancies, and two healthy deliveries
3 - the sweet way Mikaela scrunches up her nose when she thinks she is funny
4 - how Xander exclaims "That's What I'm Talking About" whenever he really likes something
5 - my dear friend April who talks to me about things other my children, and who inspired this list
6- my dear friend Jennifer, who listens to me without judgment rant about my children
7 - how Eliot always says "WHHHEEEEEEE" when we go down the driveway as if I have taken him on the coolest roller coaster ever
8 - how Preslie lets me wake her so sweetly with warm snuggly kisses, and how she always wakes smiling
9 - my three amazing nephews who make me laugh both in person and through the darling antics their mothers (Beth and Tracie) are generous enough to share with me
10 - my sister Ashleigh's fashion sense - and for taking over the fashion raising of my children so they don't grow up to think that wearing yoga pants is dressed up
11 - parents who entrust me to tutor their children, and how their amazing teenagers keep reminding me why I am grateful to be getting old
12 - how Tommy's dad tears up every year during the Thanksgiving blessing - reminding me of what I take for granted every day, the presence of my family in my life
13 - coke - in the red can or bottle - only the real thing - for without it, many days would seem impossible
14- my dear friend Jeri who makes me exercise - and lets me "poop" out my frustrations with a listening ear,and always is eager to pray with me and for me
15 - Mrs. Herrick, Mikaela's first grade teacher, who has taught her to be confident about her thoughts and who has pushed her to grow, and who has taught me that I must let go....a little
16 - Mrs. Biesadecki, Mikaela's kindgerarten teacher, who without whom we would not be surviving first grade, who loved and nurtured Mikaela in ways which words can not express
17 - Ms. Sharon who happily welcomes Xander to preschool, and keeps him NINE whole hours every week - without complaint
18 - the library staff at the Loganville library, who welcomes me daily with smiles and lets me make their home away from home, my home away from home
19 - Starbucks - everyone deserves a treat every now and then
20 - my facebook friends for letting me live vicariously through them and their status updates
21 - cheese dip - enough said
22 - I love You Stinky Face - the first book that both my kids loved, and that they indulged me by letting me read it to them over and over and over again (and Twilight for restoring my faith in literature worth reading)
23 - my friend Allison who drags me more than willingly to lunch regularly so that I may remember what adult conversation is about
24 - Jiggy, who invites me to scrapbook - never lets me forget, and who teaches me about strength and faith
25 - chocolate chip muffins and Saturday morning Cake TV - both of which allow me to pretend we are not up so early, and snuggle with blankets on my couch with my two babies
26 - my mini van - for the acceptance of this beautiful mommy stage of my life and for its many cup holders
27 - my new flannel sheets - it only took me seven years to actually purchase them, but it is worth the wait
28 - last, but certainly not least, my faith for without all the above would not hold the same meaning.

No comments: