Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mikaela gets her ears pierced!












Mikaela has been begging for over a year now to get her ears pierced! Apparently she is the ONLY child left without earrings (according to her version).

Tommy and I started high with the age of 10 - and then backed down to 7.

As she is a very responsible child, we decided to surprise her with a certificate for getting her ears pierced and lunch at the American Girl Bistro for Christmas this year (she is 6 1/2 which is practically 7!).

She was so excited in the days between Christmas and Monday (the 29th). She shared that she was a "little nervous" as daddy and I made sure she understood that she was begging for shots in both her ears - not exactly a painless procedure!

When we arrived at Claires at North Point (where I had already called to make sure that they would do both at one time) - she labored over the decision of which earrings would become her starter set!

She chose rainbow daisies - what else would I expect?

There was one person in front of us - a young teenager getting her second set. We decided that Mikaela wouldn't watch, but I did as I filled out paperwork. Lucky for me, as I was able to assist the teenager and her mother when she promptly fainted after the procedure!

Some of you will be surprised that I went ahead with the ear piercing just after the wheelchair arrived to take the teenager away - but I had promised.....

Mikaela was so brave - as you can see in the video! I thought her Nana, Aunt Ashleigh and I were more likely to be found with tears than her!

She couldn't wait to get home to show her daddy - who was so proud of her!


No comments: