Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus!


.
.


The Thrailkill tradition of baking a "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake continued this year.

The kids each made a chocolate cake (for sin), and topped it with white icing (symbolizing our salvation).

I bravely let them mix (with the mixer!), pour their cake into pans and slide them into the oven (I helped with the oven part - we have insurance, but it is always a pain to use it!).

The kids decorated their cakes all by themselves!

We sang happy birthday to Jesus and celebrated with the best cake I've eaten all year.

I bravely began what I hope will be a new tradition this year as I cooked our first ever Christmas dinner.

I made a ham, dressing, mashed potatoes and green beans. Dressing...from scratch...yes you can be impressed with me!

No comments: