Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mikaela's First Sleepover

ready for bed? I think not.
and now a silly one.

making some Panther spirit cheer bottles

I got an email that read "the Panther Cheerleaders are having a sleepover."

A sleepover?

Are we old enough for a sleepover?

This is the point where I confess my over protective mother tendencies. I'm the mom that likes to really know a grown up before leaving my kid with them (I've met the Panther cheer mom twoish times.......). I'm the mom who asks the questions about loaded guns and house rules. I'm the mom that expects my kid to follow my house rules and YOUR house rules in your house.

I'm the mom whose kid has never been on a sleepover (aside from with the Nana, and one recent weekend to her very cool Aunt Ashleigh's house).

So - I ask said kid "do you want to go to the cheerleading sleepover?"

To which said kid says "Cool."

Over the course of the week the cheerleading sleepover ranged from very cool to a definite "I'm not going."

So - I planned to attend the sleepover up to the sleeping part......figuring most likely when I announced that I was heading home to my own bed, that she would want to come to.

Not so much how that one went.

At 10:45, I helped spread out the sleeping bags, took a few cute photos, cheer mom made some popcorn, I held a vote on the movie choice......and then announced that I was leaving.

To which my child responded "Hey guys.......my mom's leaving...YES!!!!!!"

No goodbye.

No goodnight kiss.

Definitely not coming home with me.

as an aside, when I picked that sweet angel who celebrated me leaving up the next morning at 10:00 AM......she had not slept all night. Cheer mom shared that she woke her at 1:30, 2:15, and 4:15 crying to let her know that she couldn't sleep.

Perhaps she would have slept better if she had kissed her dear mother goodnight.

No comments: