Sunday, September 6, 2009

Freeze!

riding his motorcycle of course


Once a week we take a little trip to Athens (the details of that are for another post.....when I have time to ramble).

On said trip last week, we ate at the Varsity (go Mikaela for having excellent choice in Athens stops).

Also eating at the Varsity on this Monday, was much of the GBI force in full uniform.

Xman asks loudly "I wonder if he puts his handcuffs in the freezer?"

To which the GBI agent in front of me turns around, looks at me, and gives me that "what kind of mother are you?" look.

To which I smiled.

Because I am that secure in my parenting.

And after said trip to Athens too dang tired to explain to a stranger why my kid thinks handcuffs go in the freezer.

But, because I love all of you - here we go.

A few months ago Xman started putting his handcuffs in the freezer.

I found them once and inquired......cauticiously as to why this was a new practice.

To which he replied (like I was an IDIOT):

"Mommy - the handcuffs have to be frozen so when I tell the bad guys freeze."

Frozen handcuffs for frozen bad guys.

Yes, 5 year old logic is that linear.

No comments: