Sunday, September 6, 2009

Football






The new favorite song in my house - "better than a diamond ring - FOOTBALL."

It was inevitable that football would take over our life.

I married "the coach"

I knew it was coming.

Xman is playing football.

My baby - the almost 10 lb one that I carried until the day he was DUE. The baby that I delivered without an epidural. The one whose head was so big that he broke his collarbone during delivery - and his mother. The baby who nursed from the moment he was born until he was two.

That baby.

Shoulder pads. Hip pads, thigh pads, shin pads, tail pads..........and then there is the helmet.

Which all mean nothing to a mother who has learned that the boys with red stickers on their helmets weigh MORE than 65 pounds.

My baby - weighed 48 with his shoes on.

So - this fall, I am loosing my voice cheering for the 5 - 6 Falcons.

and praying.

No comments: