Friday, March 21, 2008

Mikaela's Egg Hunt








By noon, when we arrived for Mikalea's egg hunt, it had only warmed up a tad!

The kindergartners were so excited. Each of these moments is bitter sweet for me. Her last egg hunt at Bright Beginnings - her last Easter where she makes a Resurrection box and studies the Crucifixion of Christ at school.

So, after I wiped away those few tears - off we went. In kindergarten, you write your own name on 16 eggs. So, off we went - looking for Mikaela in sharpie marker on 16 eggs.

She is diligent - perservered! She even read the names of other classmates and called to them "Elena Chambers - I see one with your name on it!"

After the egg hunt, we gathered in her warm classroom for a picnic lunch.

Because I am the cool mom that I am, I purchased new water bottles (Spider man and Princess) for the kids to have with their lunch. We laughed and enjoyed our peanut butter sandwiches.

No comments: