Sunday, December 2, 2007

I will do my best to be ..... honest and fair



The Girl Scout Law

I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.



This week our Daisy Scout troop began to learn about the Girls Scout Law. We started with that first promise

"I will do my best to be honest and fair"

We began by dumping out a big bag of hershey's kisses - all for the troop leader of course! The girls protested - is it fair for the leader to have them all? We worked through it until it was decided that fair means that we each had the same amount. Much to my waistline and blood sugar's delight, I ended up with a mere 6!

We then played board games to practice being honest and fair! The girls had so much fun!




No comments: