Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A glimpse.....2009

I realized that with facebook now, I document most of the kids "funnies" through my status updates - so, tonight, I scrolled back through our facebook year and documented all our humorous moments........


M: "Let's baptize each other. Repeat after me: "I, Xander, believe that Jesus is the only Jesus and is my savior."

Xander repeats, and Mikaela dunks him under the bath tub water

X: "Okay let me baptize you. Repeat after me : "I, Mikaela, think Xander is the best Xander in the whole world."

M: "Xander. You are for sure going to be on the naughty list."

December 22, 2009

M: "Xander - it makes God sad that you think a tinkertoy reindeer is more important than making a card for your mother."

X: "It makes Santa happy."

M: "I think not. (mimicking Santa) "Ho Ho Ho....Xander is on the naughty list.....Mikaela is on the nice list for making her mother a Christmas card".......The North Pole i...s VERY close to heaven Xander - Just do the CARD."

December 21, 2009

X: "Why are you crying?".....

M: "Because you told me to"........X: "Huh...you really do everything I say. That's cool."

December 19th, 2009

X: "Mom - I'm done snuggling, can I go play now?"

Me: "Yes, just be quiet - sissy is still sleeping." .......thirtyish seconds later CRASH - as the tinkertoys go crashing out of the box he is dumping out from over his head

X: "Building is a quiet toy" ...."Look mom - sissy's up now!"

December 16th, 2009

Xman quote of the day: "Mommy - can we have jewels for dinner?".....Tommy and I look at each other puzzled before the lightbulb moment....ahh.....Xman, we can't have Krystals for dinner - too far away from church!

My grandmother worked at Krystals until she retired – who knew she was serving diamonds and jewels all those years!

December 13, 2009

Michele Thrailkill is openly apologizing to all those shopping at Hobby Lobby this afternoon.........and more specifically the older women who Xman shook his rear end at and told to "shake what your momma gave you" (thank you new Chipmunk movie preview)

December 12, 2009

M: "God struck Zacharia dumb because he didn't believe that Elizabeth was going to have a baby. Do boys need to be struck dumb? Aren't they already dumb? Isn't it dumb enough already not to believe girls and God?"...............little discussion on how being struck dumb is speechless........and hoping she doesn't add ...God striking Xander dumb to her prayers!

December 9, 2009

two in the bed, little X said "I miss you"....three in the bed, little M said "I had a bad dream.".....four in the bed, the daddy is snoring.......mommy said "I'm trapped. I need to pee. I can't sleep."......and everyone else kept sleeping......

December 7th, 2009

M: "I can't believe you are even married - I would not marry you." .....apparently one of Xman's superheros is married......and they are living in his super hero cave (ie my amazon brown box)......kudos to the mommy though - helped create superhero cave with duct tape and scissors!

December 5th, 2009

today's motto "Many things can wait, kids grow up".........For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)................

December 5th, 2009

X: "Mommy I'm going to be one of the three wise men - the wise men bring baby Jesus gold, frankenstien, and mercy" M: “XANDER its not mercy – its merchandise”

December 2009

X: "MOM - the Elf was up all night playing with my legos - NO FAIR"

December 1, 2009

M: "Xander......remember we are playing S - P - Y"......

X: "What does S - P - Y " spell?" M: "Come here I'll whisper it so mom doesn't hear"............a few minutes later –

M: "WAIT - Mom, I forgot you can spell - please don't figure out what that spells."

November 29th, 2009

X to M: " I'm going to be older than you one day - like when I am old enough to be a dad."

M: "NO - tell me a number, and I'll tell you one two bigger than it."

X: "Ooohhh.........I'm going to be BIGGER than you always. Bigger is better than old."

November 18th, 2009

It seems to be a right of passage in our house that when you are old enough to write by yourself that you write a hateful note to all the family members that you are angry with, and then post it on your door.

I am so proud of Xander's writing:) - He only used words he knew how to spell - and we are all supposed to stay out of his room now.

THE END FOR MIKAELA THRAILKILL

THE END FOR MOM

THE END DAD

BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE

November 7th, 2009

M: "What are you doing momma?"

Me: "Organizing, tidying..." M: "You know you are not doing too good of a job, right?"..........THIS coming from the kid whose room is a natural disaster area???????

November 5th, 2009

M: "Dad - can you turn the radio down?"

Dad: "Yes."

M: "Can you turn Xander down too?"

October 31st, 2009

M: "Who does she think I am ...Cinderella? What's with all these chores?"

October 23rd, 2009

qoute of the day M: "Mom, I'm going to give my My Little Pony a fancy hair do so she can go to a fancy dance and dance with hot boys."......is it just me or should "my little pony" and "hot boys" just not be in the same sentence??????

October 22, 2009

M: "pee" and "poop" are action verbs

October, 2009

Xman : "Share the love.....make room to snuggle me"

October 14th, 2009

M: "Mommy...I like being nice to Xander.....but sometimes its just hard!"

October 12th, 2009

Xman: "Mom....I'm like a thinker boy.....not like a do'er boy......I like think of the solutions to the problems....but I don't really do them.".........as to why his room is not getting cleaned....

October 10th, 2009

X: "MOM when do I get break from kindergarten......I went there YESTERDAY.".

October 8th, 2009

highlight of my day.....Xman: "Mommy I had fun on our date. Can we have cookies now?"

September 24th, 2009

Me: "it is wrong for a man to pretend that a woman is his wife when he is already married to someone else." (bible lesson text)......

M:" Come on....do they even need a rule for that? Kids would never do that - I bet that is why they call it adultery - you know ADULTery. Kids know you only need one wife."

September 22nd, 2009

Michele Thrailkill is amused at how easily Mikaela is amused....math workbook riddle of the day...."Why do you go to bed?"........"It does not come to me."......she's still laughing

September 16th, 2009

"Mommy I'm not going to tell you what I wished.........okay, like in two years, if it hasn't come true, I will tell you........OKAY - it is NEVER going to come true - I wished for all the money in the world."............gotta love children who can't keep a secret from their mother

Mikaela on September 8, 2009

M: "That is the STUPIDEST thing ever - why would someone pay a quarter for a napkin when they can have a FREE paper towel right there?"......inside the ladies room at The Avenue

September 4th, 2009

Xman to the FBI agent in front of us at the Varsity ....."I wonder if you keep your handcuffs in the freezer too?"

August 31,2009

"MOM these are the shorts that I can't go pee pee in by myself".....

Xman, August 25th, 2009

quote of the day X: "Daddy I wouldn't be so worried about you if you were like a genius."

Xman August 16th, 2009

M: "Xander - that book is REALLY old - from like when mom and dad were kids. They didn't have color pictures back then, or fancy chapters."

August 13, 2009

M: "Mom, Aunt Ashleigh's Walmart has a whole aisle of make up - like tons of lip smakers, and body glitter, and like tons of lip gloss. Our Walmart probably has that aisle and YOU never go on it." just another reason I fall in the slacker mom category.........

August 12th, 2009

M: "Mom - when I want to distract you when you are telling me something, I smile at you really cute....and then you start smiling about how cute my teeth are and you forget what you were talking about.

August 10th, 2009

XMan: favorite quote of the day: "Mom - when I put on my shorts, I have to squish my belly in, then button them, and then I can let my belly out." ..........advice that I am all too familiar with..........I also enjoyed "I'm going to ask Santa to make me not grow up - I want to be four forever"

August 8th, 2009

X: "If Adam was naked you could see his privates. That's funny."

August 4th, 2009 – accompanied by a picture of Adam with his privates showing drawn by Xman

X: "Mom there are no Spanish words in this book - just Georgia words."

July 26th, 2009

X: "Mommy did you have to get a new head after I was born?.....cause I was a really big baby!"...

July 25th, 2009

Me: "Xander - why are there handcuffs and keys in my freezer?"

X: "MOM.......they have to be cold when I yell FREEZE to the bad guys."

July 15th, 2009

.X: "I can't sniffle - that means I can't put the boogers back in their right place."

July 11th, 2009

T to X: "Don't play with handcuffs naked........." .....probably better than yesterdays quote T to Me: "Two kids and a pop gun.....how hard can it be?"

July 10th, 2009

X: "Mom - isn't cool how I can teach myself new stuff in time out?" sure....never want to miss an educational opportunity - he should know how to do LOTS of new stuff by now!

June 29th, 2009

M: "Xander..I have to go...Mom doesn't know that I am in here."

X: "Pretend that you have been someplace else."

Me...from the next room "Mikaela"......

M: "Coming mom...I'm pretty far from you right now." Lovely - the children are teaming up against me

June 23rd, 2009

Me: (as the children are fighting over a toy) Mikaela, it's not a big deal - please just drop it.

X: "Yeah - it's going to be mine."

M: "XANDER drop it means don't talk about it anymore, it doesn't mean put it down so your brother can have it."

June 14th, 2009

X: "Daddy can you keep your eyes open during the movie? You're supposed to stay awake in the daytime."

June 13th, 2009

X: "I just want to be by MYSELF. When I get married, I"m going on my honeymoon by MYSELF."

June 12, 2009

Me: "Where are we going in our dreams tonight?"

X: "Mommy - I'm tired, let's take a break and stay home."

May 31, 2009

X: "Mommy - in our dreams, let's go to Disney World. I'm going to be 6 in our dreams - so I'll be big enough to ride Space Mountain - make sure you get in line with me mommy." Sure - I can dream about Disney:)

May 29th, 2009

X: "Mommy - isn't it so cool that we were just sitting at the beach eating BBQ chips last night - in your dreams, you don't even have to eat a sandwich first."

May 28th, 2009

X: "Mommy- you forgot to meet me in our dreams."

Me: "I went to the music class - you didn't see me?"

X: "I changed my mind - I went somewhere else in my dreams."

May 26, 2009

M: "I was SO close to being an only child. OR, I could have had a sweet sister like you Preslie."

May 22, 2009

Me: "What's going on in there?" Small child: "Say Nothing." Xander: "Nothing."

May 15, 2009

X: "Oh no....they're getting all lovey dovey on TV ....gross."

May 9, 2009

M: "mom, I always write to dad in my go home journal because I can think of more things to tell him. I can't think of much to talk to you about."

May 8, 2009

X: "Mom I had this weird dream - I was a human."

May 6, 2009

X:"Why do you get to be the big sister?"

M: "That's just the way it goes."

X: "When I am going to get to be the boss?"

X/M: "MOM....MOM.....MOM...." –

Mom: "Is it bedtime yet? It's going to be soon."

May 2009

X: "Mommy - all it needs is water, soil, sunlight and love. And we have LOTS of love." (regarding his new plant he brought home from school). I think I'm doing something right with that one.....:)

April 23, 2009

M: "I'm making a QUIET space."

X:"Mikaela, you talk quiet because you hear quiet. I talk LOUD because I hear LOUD."

M: "This is still a quiet space."

April 15, 2009

Xman "Mommy - let's just love each other right now."

April 10, 2009

"I wish this had happened in my pretend life, not my real life" (Xander)............me too, considering "this" was dumping a drink all over the van!

April 4, 2009

M: Mommy - you and daddy go together....like for forever...you like each other."

April, 2009

X: "Sissy if you don't want to play with me just annoy me."

M: "Xander...UGH..the word is IGNORE....."

X: "Oh....I'm only four sissy...I don't know everything."

M: "I know."

March 2009

X: "the girls at school were chasing me and attacking me. I don't understand girls. That's enough about that."

March 25, 2009

X: "I want that pirate truck - it is so cool - that pirate is so BIG!!!!" - pirate truck, Captain Morgan truck.....gotta love passing the liquor store every day...

March 2009

Some of the best conversations I have with kids happen in the mini van.

I don't know if it is because they don't have anything else to do but chat with me - no tvs, no toys?

Or, if it is because when I am driving the mini van - I can do nothing else. I can't wander while we are chatting and change out the laundry so they loose interest and walk away. I can't become distracted by the new color on my email inbox noting that a new message has arrived. I can't put them off because something else seems more pressing.

Thus, I digress...

today in the mini van

X: Mommy, I don't want to grow older

M: You just had a birthday - you are going to be 5 for a whole year

X: When do you stop growing older?

M: You never stop growing older - each year, you have a birthday and turn one year older - so next year you will be 6.

X: No.

M: Okay?

X: I like 4 best - I am going to be 4 forever. I still want to get presents and parties - I'm just not going to turn any more numbers.

M: Why don't you like being 5?

X: When you are 5, people tell you what to do more...I liked 4 better. Mommy - you quit growing so you really shouldn't have any more birthdays. But, daddy can have a few more. It's probably just going to get worser the more numbers you get.



Yeah - I was thinking the more numbers you get the more you have to do too - and parties without increasing in age.....sounds good to me!

July 31, 2009

(information needed: "money for Jesus" is offering)

Me: Xander, here is some change you can take to chapel today for money for Jesus

Xander: Jesus doesn't like change Mommy - he only takes dollars

Me: I'm sure Jesus is appreciate of all gifts Xander - it is important to give, Jesus doesn't care what you give

Xander: Yeah he does MOM - change isn't big enough for Jesus.

(Xander opted to take nothing for offering as his dear mother had no cash - only change - some battles just can not be won - note to self to have dollars for Sunday for Jesus since he is into dollars.......)

February 26th, 2009

Xander: Sissy I love to see your mad face.

Mikaela: XANDER - this is my VERY mad face - when I make this face, I am VERY mad.

Xander: Yeah, that's the face that I like.

January 26th, 2009

Mikaela:

"I liked Xander a lot when he was 3. He was so cute."

I was afraid to ask what she thought of him now. Silence is smarter...

January 24, 2009

Xander: Mommy - When I'm a grown up - I"m going to marry you.

Mommy: I'm already married.

Xander: It's okay - you can just get "cut up" and then you won't be married anymore.

Mikaela: UGH Xander - its not cut up - its broke up.

Xander: Mommy - I just have one question for you - do you want children?

Mommy: I love children.

Xander: How do mommies and daddies make children?

Mommy: Mommies and daddies have to get married and love each other alot - alot -

Xander: Mommy I'm going to love you forever.

January 14, 2009

As we exited the "Kickin Christmas" show at Stone Mountain, I commented to Tommy that I was really surprised to see a religious reference in the show (they talked about the true meaning of Christmas being the birth of Jesus and sang "Let there be Peace").

Xander said "Mommy - Stone Mountain probably read it in the bible - it is a good book. It's in there."

December 30th, 2008

Mikaela: Today at school in the lunchroom, I swallowed a cherry seed. Jacob said "Oh no you swallowed a cherry seed. You're going to die in one second." and I said "1 - AHHHHH - I'm still breathing."

Xander: Did you die Sissy? (very concerned)

Mikaela: HELLO (in the snottiest voice)

Xander: Oh.

December 18th, 2008

Xander has made several Santa wish lists - usually preempted by commercials on television or the arrival of the newest Walmart/Target/Toys R Us flier.

Upon seeing Santa at school this week, he did not ask for the Star Wars figures, nor the big boy bike, not even the batcave -

No, for Christmas my son requests "a woman to clean his room."

Can one ask Santa for a woman?

Seeing as this seems an insane request to his mother (who is not going to clean his room, not even for a Christmas present), I am now thinking that insane requests are not only part of Christmas, but seem possible at Christmas.

A savior born to a virgin might just have been the beginning of belief in what might otherwise seem impossible.

So, what otherwise impossible requests might I wish for this year?

- Children who are not already in separate corners due to excessive fighting, tattling, and ruining the jolly Christmas music I have playing (all by 11:00 AM) - children who love each other in words and spirit and action

- a husband who sees dirty laundry and washes it - promptly - and puts it away - even if it is not his - for, this wishful husband could find an underwear drawer in a four year old's room and would not exclaim "I don't know where you keep his stuff"-

- time - time to get that haircut that I desperately need, the bath that I long to take uninterrupted, the tea that I want to drink while it is still hot, the book that I want to finish during what normal people consider waking hours

On less selfish notes (or possibly more selfish)

- the presence of all our relatives during this joyous season - the gift of more time with those grandparents that are growing older every year

- the joy of continuing traditions with the children - the putting of the angel on the tree, the dressing up as Mary/Joseph, the careful selection and wrapping of gifts for friends and loved ones, the new tradition of chasing the elf and seeing the Nutcracker, chinese take out and Christmas Vacation with just Tommy (pretending like our life as we know it is just as it was in the late 90's!)

So, as we enter this Christmas season - I wish all of you the belief in what would otherwise seem impossible!

December 6th, 2008

Mikaela's comment about the tooth fairy:

"I've got five whole dollars- MAN That girl ROCKS!"

I am loving reliving the magic of simple things with the children. I had forgotten how exciting loosing your first tooth is - and how much fun magic is. Mikaela lost her first tooth last Saturday - at the Atlanta Zoo - in the gorilla exhibit.

People surrounding us thought we were nuts I'm sure - Tommy pulled her tooth and I was taking pictures - and we were all jumping up and down and screaming in delight.

This new precious gappy grin has replaced my baby's old smile.

And the tooth fairy - well, "that girl rocks!"

October 4, 2008

Xander: "You're a grown up Mommy- you're not really learning a lot."

I know that I am being given PLENTY of opportunities to learn - am I learning?

September 22, 2008

No comments: