Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hey X-Man,

Hey X-Man, January 1, 2009


What can I say? 2008 has left us and we are now full throttle into 2009. You have provided your mother and me with some fantastic memories from this past year.


You are most definitely the best dressed kid at Pre-K. You are very passionate about making sure that your shirt is “fancy” and is tucked in at all times. You have your teachers in awe as you strut around the campus in your cool Newsboy Caps, and recently you’re insisting on wearing your blazer everywhere and are begging me to get you a tie.


I’m also very pleased with how much you enjoy listening to stories. We are now reading chapter books before bedtime and you do an excellent job of keeping up with the action. My favorite activity is a new one from this past year where we read a chapter book and then go see the movie. This is something that I’ve enjoyed doing for a very long time, and I am thrilled that we can now share in this.


I know these activities with books will serve you well as you continue to learn more sight words and grasp how phonics helps you with reading. Before you know it, you will be reading books all by yourself.


On the athletic side of things, you are showing more and more interest in wrestling and martial arts. I hope this continues, because these two sports did a wonder in shaping my life and I hope that we can share in these activities as a whole family. I think that you will enjoy learning about wrestling and martial arts, as well as grow an appreciation to the type of person they help you to become.


We did a lot of things together this past year. We have read and learned new things, as well as traveled to Disney World. I can’t wait to see what 2009 has waiting for us, especially because I know that we will be experiencing this next year together as a family.

I love you,

Daddy

No comments: