Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


Xander eating my free birthday sundae!



I love my birthday. I don't care that I am getting old - I have always loved my birthday, and probably always will!

This year the kids gave me the sweetest cards (I'm still working on teaching Tommy that we don't pay for cards, we make them......).

In the past few years, one of my favorite things about my birthday is to see how many free meals/gifts/treats I can find! Let's face it - I have two children and live on a teacher's salary - there aren't any other presents coming my way!

This year I got:

Red Robin – (at the Avenue) – free burger – our waiter said I could order whatever I wanted! – Burgers come with unlimited fries – if you don’t order a drink – cost is tip only! And the waiter brought me a cool birthday sundae at the end of my meal (singing is optional!) – email came week before my bday good until one week from my bday

Doc Greens – free entrĂ©e – email came day before bday, good until 2 days after bday - Xander and I went and for $1.48 total we got a buffalo chicken finger pananini sandwich, chips and an iced tea.

Coldstone Creamery – free “like it with mix in” - $3.55 value – be prepared to show ID

Ruby Tuesday – free hand crafted burger – our waiter said I could have $7.99 credit essentially – and they brought me a cool ice cream sundae at the end of the meal (no singing) – with “happy birthday” written in chocolate - I used my credit for queso dip and chips appetizer - was plenty for a full meal (and I got a coke!)

Baskin Robbins – free small ice cream cone/cup – email expires one week from the day I got it

Sweet Tomato’s – BOGO adult meal (must purchase two drinks) - I LOVE this place - I had salad, soup, baked potato and frozen yogurt for dessert......YUMMY

Wendy’s - $1 off combo meal coupon - used this for a quick dinner after tutoring

I got several others that I haven't used yet - and some I won't get to use. But the game of finding the deals and enjoying them is part of the pleasure!

No comments: