Thursday, August 21, 2008

Six Flags here we come!














The Disney Guide book says that we should do a practice run to see how our family does on a big day out at an amusement park.

Mikaela had a free ticket to Six Flags, and someone was kind enough to give one to Xander, and so -

We took the kids to Six Flags for the first time this July.

I will have to share that it had to have been the HOTTEST day of the year.

So, hot that I (the frugal freak) bought a $12 soda (yes $12). I will share that it was there loss as it was free refills all day and our family alone had to have drank three times that much Powerade trying to replenish all the electrolytes we were loosing!

Granted, if SOMEONE who will remain nameless had taken my suggestion of taking 2 strollers - we could have saved ourselves a lot of whining from the walking child:).

I think the family favorite ride was the log ride. Mikaela, Xander and I rode it together and it was a blast!

Another favorite was Thunder River. Who doesn't want to stand in line for an hour and a half, only to find out that someone has to poop when you reach the front of the line? And that the nearest bathroom is back down the LONG hill you have just winded up, around the corner, and up another hill? Aside from that, we had a blast trying to figure out who got the most wet (I'm voting me!).

We thought the roller coasters might be a bit much for the kids, but we were mistaken!

Anything they were tall enough to ride, they wanted to ride.

Kiddie land with the Looney Toons did not satisfy them for long.

It started off looking like we were going to be calling Disney to say that our family could not do a long day together at amusement parks, but by the end of the day I think we will make it.

No comments: