Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Looking Back 2007

Currently a work in progress.....

Mommy's favorite memories of Mikaela Grace

  • This year we became daisy scouts together - I am so excited to share in your girl scout journey with you. Mommy was a girl scout when she was little, and now you are a girl scout too!
  • You are so grown up - you have a grown up purse now, real make up, and a big girl vanity. You made me gather up all your pretend vanity supplies to sell because "big girls don't use pretend nail polish."
  • I cried your first day of kindergarten. You looked so big - back pack on, lunch box packed. It was our first year that we did not eat lunch together. It was also the first year that you went to school on Fridays. You were excited - you wanted to walk yourself to your classroom each day. We compromised and you walked yourself in and sat down, and then I came around and kissed you good-bye for the day. In kindergarten there were spelling tests, math tests, and books to read! You loved all the assignments.

Mommy's favorite memories of Xander
  • I love how you love God. You can't wait to go to Sunday school with Ms.Cheryl - you always tell us about your new lesson. You are the first one to volunteer to say our blessing at any meal. You cart your bible around and are always making up stories to go with the pictures. You get a microphone and pretend to be the preacher, opening the living room show with a word of prayer and then telling us a story.
  • You are getting so big! You can reach the mantle when standing on the fireplace this year - I am loosing all my high places to keep things safe from you! You run and get your stool whenever you want to reach something - you are so independent.
  • When I drop you off at school, you decide how many kisses and hugs you need. After I give you your last one, you say "That's enough for you Mommy" - and then you walk right into your classroom to do your morning work. It always makes me smile.
  • You had tubes put in your ears again this year - January. It broke my heart to see you in so much pain. We came home after surgery and you and Mommy went to bed for two days. You would wake crying, snuggle into me and go right back to sleep. I was so thankful that I could help you.

No comments: