Thursday, November 15, 2007

On My Honor, I will try



We have ventured into yet another organized activity - Daisy Scouts. When I see we, I mean all three of us. Mikaela is a brand new daisy scout, I am a leader, and Xander........well, it was voted on the first meeting that he be either a stem or a leaf - but not a daisy.

Every Thursday, Mikaela proudly wears her trendy pink rimmed daisy t-shirt to school with her matching daisy hair bow. To scout meetings, we add the blue tunic with our troop number, American flag and pins.

Only 3 meetings in, and Mikaela has already earned an award. She earned her "center" - by stating the Girl Scout Promise.

For those who want to go retro with me, do you remember?

On my honor
I will try
to serve God and my country
to help people at all times
and to live by the girl scout law

Don't forget to raise your 3 fingers on right hand!

No comments: